Audatex Panel Repair: DEG Inquiry 10966 inquired about damage to an adjacent panel when replacing a welded on structural component.
Please see the DRM section 4-2 Labor exclusions:
- Replace labor does not include additional labor to repair the replaced panel and or adjacent panels which may become distorted, burned or damaged by welding, drilling, grinding and straightening.
- Additional labor for removal of parts that have been impeded by crash damage (access labor.) (Standard Manual Entry M62 is available.)
- Audatex Glossary of Terms – Located in the back of the Audatex DBRMis a Glossary of Terms. They are definitions for items that you may find in the Audatex Estimating System. Located in the same area is a Glossary of Refinish Terms. For example, page 199 of the Audatex DBRM shows their definition of “Application of guide coat” and “Apply a flash color.”
- DEG Estimating Tip: CCC / Audatex – Storage and Protection of Removed and Loose Parts
- Recent user inquiry 11017 estimated work times do not include wrap parts & label and warehouse components that are removed from the vehicle; however, MOTOR’s estimated work times do Include normal care & handling of components that are removed from the vehicle.
- MOTOR recommends negotiating “wrap parts & label and warehouse” with all interested parties, in the event such conditions are required.
- Audatex states this also would be a manual entry in their system.
The estimating databases are all intended to be used as a GUIDE ONLY – it is important to remember that the auto body professional performing the repair is in a position to thoroughly inspect, diagnose and identify the methodology and their unique cost of the vehicle damage repair.
You can view this tip and others on the DEG website by clicking here!